I did it. I’m going to join the world of once a month cooking.
I finally joined a website that I have been considering for nearly a year. I know – that is a LONG time to consider such a nominal purchase. After all it is only $8 per month.
Have you heard of Once a Month Mom?
The website is for freezer meals plans one month at a time, which include recipe cards, grocery lists, etc., etc. I finally accepted the fact that I’m not going to take the time to create a good menu plan for our family each month (at least not at first) and resigned myself to the fact that my cooking needs a little boost.
So, for $8/month the website does it all for me. There are several menus to choose from including traditional, whole foods, paleo, gluten-free, and more. All I have to do is shop and cook. Plus if I am doing batch cooking, the spreadsheet allows me to put in how many serving I want to prepare and it automatically adjusts recipes and shopping lists.
This weekend will be the first test run of the the menu, so stay tuned and I will let you know how it goes.
What’s on the menu for this month?
Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Cups
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats **
- Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Egg Cupcakes
- Quinoa Carrot Breakfast Bars
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Cups
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Kale and Bacon
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Spinach and Walnut Stuffed Ravioli
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Whole Food Makeover)
- Garlic Lime Chicken **
- Chicken Guacamole Enchiladas **
- Crockpot Vegetable Soup **
- Shrimp and Orzo Bake
Have you tried onceamonthmom.com? Or maybe another freezer meal site? Likes/Dislikes?